June 25, 2008

Star Cubes

Since her surgery Madeleine has really started to enjoy solid foods. Before, she would maybe eat a bite or two but that was it. All of the sudden she is eating everything. I don't know if it has to do with the tumor being removed, or if the whole eating thing finally just clicked.

I make all of her food because it's cheaper and contains no preservatives or unknown ingredients. Thanks to Sarah's recommendation, I've been using a book called Super Baby Food. It's a great book and contains tons of information on foods that are appropriate to introduce each month, nutritional facts, and easy ways to cook and store baby and toddler foods.

Most days I just open up the freezer, pop a food cube in the microwave and viola - meal time.
Yesterday I realized we were running low on frozen food cubes so I pureed peas, avocados, pears, carrots, peaches and kiwis. I then froze each batch in an ice cube tray.

Carrot, peas, and pear star cubes

I purchased the star ice cube tray before Madeleine was born, and not for the intent of freezing food in it... but it makes the perfect amount and it's sort of fitting for a princess.

3 comments:

Ericka said...

YUM!
I wish my food was star-shaped

Anonymous said...

Yummy little stars! She must feel a whole lot better. I'm so glad to hear it.
Take care.
NanaNancy

Hi, my name is Sarah. said...

OMG I got a shout out! Woohoo. I love the stars.