February 8, 2009

Preparing

We are getting ready for the surgery tomorrow. I'm starting to feel a little anxious. You may think that by now, the third surgery, I would have this all under control, but I do not. I don't think this is something that ever gets any easier.

The MRI and CT scan went fine on Friday. Of course the timing got all messed up, as it inevitably does and we were at the hospital for much longer than expected. When we check in for a procedure that involves sedation they always ask when the last time was that she ate. I know that she is not allowed to eat solids after midnight, and can drink liquids up until 6 hours before the sedation. Because they told me that the MRI would be at 1:30, I calculated that she could be fed at 7:30am. Well, the person that called me either had the time wrong, or it somehow changed over night because when I told the registration person that her last feeding was at 7:30am (it was actually later than that. I always fudge a little on the times because I know that breastmilk digests pretty fast), she wrote "NPO VIOLATION" in a big red pen on her binder. NPO somehow means nothing by mouth. Anyway, everything ended up working out okay because the MRI people were running late.

And now we're just getting ready for tomorrow. The surgery is scheduled for about 12:30, but Neurosurgery asked if we could check in a little bit earlier than normal because they think that they will be able to start earlier. Both grandmas and grandpas are here and we're ready to do this thing! I will update here tomorrow when I can. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers tomorrow!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Big hugs to all of you! I will be anxiously waiting to hear how it goes. I will be sure to say extra prayers tonight and tomorrow! We love you guys!

Hope said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow! I pray for a successful surgery and a fast recovery! Give her a hug from Ava!

Hi, my name is Sarah. said...

I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow!!!

Unknown said...

We're thinking of you and will be sending all our love to Madeleine tomorrow.

Becky said...

Hugs and kisses and love to you guys and Madeleine, and hoping for the best results and fastest recovery imaginable

Danelle said...

We all will be thinking of you tomorrow, I will visit tomorrow if I feel better ( I feel off today so we will see)

Apryl said...

I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow. Give Mady hugs from Tim and I. Stay strong Mama.

Jenny said...

I will be thinking of you all day, stay strong keep us posted when you can. Oh, and NPO stands for Nil Per Os which is latin for nothing by mouth. I had to look it up because I am a nerd like that!