February 5, 2009

Fundraising Awareness

I have always wanted to complete a half (or whole) marathon.

This year, two of my friends who are on quests to better their lives, and rediscover themselves are participating in the San Diego Rock 'N Roll half-marathon. I am very proud of them. I will be out of town during the marathon, or I would be doing it with them. They are training with Team in Training.

Team in Training's goal is to raise money for cancer research. They focus on leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma. These are blood cancers, but I believe that any cancer research and funding will ultimately help find a cure for all cancers. The team as a whole has "honorary teammates," and each participant can also walk or run for personal honorary teammates. Danelle has chosen to include Madeleine as one of her teammates.

I know that money is tight right now, but if you can spare something (even a couple of dollars helps), please make a donation to Danelle or Jenn's fundraising goals to help to find a cure. The links will take you to their personal blogs where you can read about their journeys. From there click on the Team in Training logo to go to their fundraising pages. If you can't donate anything right now, post a comment on their blogs and help to cheer them on!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks, Amber! Your support of our endeavor is especially motivating and I appreciate it soooo much!

Danelle said...

Thanks Amber for the support!! And tell your brother he rocks (I am sending him a HUGE thank-you ASAP)