September 12, 2008

Childhood Cancer Awareness month

No news from the hospital this week. They are usually very prompt at scheduling things, so I'm not sure what is going on. We had a rare hospital-free week, it was nice.

Madeleine continues to pull herself up to standing. The first few times we clapped and got all excited, and now she expects adoring fans every time she stands up. She gets a huge smile on her face and turns around to look at us like where's my applause? No lack of self-esteem there.

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Chili's is asking for donations all month for St. Jude's hospital - a leading cancer research hospital. We went tonight and I was excited that the people around us were donating. I felt like personally thanking them, but then that might come off as a little strange. If you want to help and get a meal, on September 29th (Monday), Chili's will be donating 100% of their profits to St. Jude's. So go out to dinner on the 29th!

1 comment:

Danelle said...

I will mark it on my calender!!!