September 25, 2008

Finally

I finally heard from the hospital. Yesterday they told me that the reason for the delay is because the dye for the scan is sent from Texas, and due to the hurricane, the dye was never received and a whole bunch of patients had to be canceled and rescheduled. Today they told me that she is scheduled for October 8th, for the injection, and October 9th for the actual scan. Finally!

We are celebrating Madeleine's birthday on November 1st, and are worried that the chemotherapy will interfere with her party. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear and see how she is feeling and where her counts are around that time. This weekend I am trying out cupcake recipes for her party. It will be a puppy themed celebration.

This past weekend we got to spend some time with Grandma (Nana) and Grandpa B, and Aunt Rebecca. It was very nice to be able to get out and get some things done for myself including a haircut (it had only been seven months!), a pedicure and a date night with the husband (we went to dinner AND a movie - first time since Mad was born that we've done that). And of course it was fun to hang out with the family too.

On Tuesday Mad had a neurosurgery appointment and they showed me the actual MRI images on the biggest computer screen I've ever seen, this thing seriously took up an entire wall. It was interesting to see what we're fighting. The neurosurgeon said that he can debulk the tumor (surgery) if that is what our doctor decides she wants to do. A total resection (means totally removing the remaing tumor) is impossible because of where it is in the spine. So, another surgery may be on the horizon.

I'm contemplating a visit to the other Grandparents next week. Might as well take advantage of being able to get out of the house while we still can. We're mostly housebound during chemo and it gets more than a little boring.

6 comments:

Danelle said...

Yeah for news at least. I agree with the planning her party and seeing I am excited for her B-day to get here so she can open her present :)

Anonymous said...

good to finally hear news about Mads next appointmen, but booo about the timing and birthday celebrations. if she's not feeling up to birthday celebrations, maybe mandy and i can come and visit on a weekday once i'm on maternity leave in november.

BTW- your hair is soooooo cute! i am totally jealous. i haven't had mine cut since before thanksgiving last year :/

Amber said...

Thanks April! I now have a stylist dilemma though. I went to a different stylist at a salon that I haven't been to in about three years. My old stylist recognized me and we chatted (I didn't think she'd remember me) while I was there. I like the new stylist better and want to book future appointments with her, but don't want to offend the old stylist. What is proper stylist etiquette?

Ericka said...

My mom says that IF the old stylists mentions it all (she shouldn't; that's bad PR on her part) to simply say that you like the cut the new stylists gave you and want to stick with her to maintain it.

Also, which weekend are you thinking of going to CG? I'll be there the 3-5... possibly with the "kids".

Greg said...

I know it isn't much but I gave blood today. hopefully it goes to a child in need.

Hi, my name is Sarah. said...

If you are up vising your parents I'd love to come see you guys! I can leave the twins at home or maybe with an Auntie if is too dangerous for Mad to be around other kiddos.