October 23, 2008

Another day done

Madeleine has been feeling much better since Tuesday night. I ended up calling the doctor on call that night and they upped her dose of Zofran (the anti-nausea med). She's eating a little here and there, but no where near her usual appetite.

At clinic today I practiced doing the GSF injection. It's fairly easy, but I practiced on a gauze bandage. I'm sure that the actual injection will be more difficult. It has to be given in her leg once a day for ten days. We start on Saturday. Home health is supposed to come out sometime that day to bring us the supplies and teach us how to do it. Again, I'm really not looking forward to this, but at least I know that the shot will be helping to raise her counts faster than they would recover normally.

Clinic went by fast today because Danelle stopped by to sit with us for a few hours. It was a nice break from the monotony of sitting around and trying to entertain a fussy baby. Just one more day of this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's her cold? Can't wait to see you, Mads and Ryan next weekend.
Grandma