August 3, 2009

Two more weeks

The half-marathon is less that two weeks away. That means I only have one more long run next weekend until the actual race. And four more five-milers during the weekdays. I'm so glad that the race is almost here because I am tired of running. The weekly runs still feel good, but the long runs are trying to kill me. I get them done, but I usually always end up with a migraine a few hours later, and I've been having a pain in my lower back that has been coming and going as well. Last night, after a nine mile run, I came home with a bleeding toe. When the race is over I plan to continue to run 4 and 5 miles, but I am looking forward to dropping the 9 and ten mile runs. Now I know that I don't want to run a whole marathon!

As for fundraising, I am so thankful for the donations that you all have made. A huge thank you also for passing the cause on to your friends and family. If you haven't donated yet, there is still time, and remember, even $5 will help. I know that it's not easy to give money when so many people are out of work, losing their homes, preparing for weddings and new babies, moving across the country, and just plain struggling to get by. The money that you donate will go to saving a child's life...hopefully a whole lot of children. You can access the donation page by clicking on the orange "donate!" button on the side -------> over there.

To end I leave you with some pictures from earlier today. This is what happened while I took a five minute shower:

























Doesn't quite have a handle on applying lipstick yet. The headband was her idea too, at least she got that part right.


























Now I know why she was saying, "madeleine's finger IN." How did she know to pick my favorite lipstick?

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my..she's got that "done something wrong,but it was fun" look on her face. You are working so hard on those runs.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any makeup left? She is just so darn cute. Well I'm only a little prejudiced! Amma

Kyle said...

She's so darn cute! How could you be mad at a face like that.

Akul's mama said...

What a miracle each child is!!! And your miracle is particularly beautiful.