Sorry for the delayed update...
The MIBG treatment went as well as can be expected. It was very similar to last time in terms of the side-effects. Madeleine was discharged two days before Thanksgiving and my Dad came to pick us up and take us to their house for Thanksgiving. They did an MIBG scan before she was released and there is NO new growth of tumor. Her symptoms (pain and high blood pressure) are so similar to when she relapsed that we were really scared that it had grown rapidly. The bad news is that we still don't have an answer as to why she is having pain in her left leg, and high blood pressure. The pain has gotten a lot better, but she is still requiring a couple doses of tylenol with hydrocodone a day. It also seems like it has been a little harder for her to recover this time. She still has no appetite, and continues to have nausea and vomiting, so it's hard to feed her through her G-tube. She has lost about three pounds, weight she cannot afford to lose, so we are working hard to get that weight back up. I think she is starting to feel a little better. I'm hopeful that she will be able to go to school on Monday, even if it is just for a little bit.
We had a nice Thanksgiving with my family, and flew back home today (Friday). Madeleine and I will fly back to San Francisco on Thursday for the stem cell infusion. Hopefully we will be back home on Saturday.
Ryan's parents have been taking care of Laurel and Claire at their house, and after two weeks of being away from them I am ready to see my little ones!