The doctors have decided that it would be best if Madeleine has another neurosurgery. That way they will be able to get a biopsy of that part of the tumor, and relieve some of the compression in the spine. Our doctor said that they had multiple tumor board meetings about her and this decision involved the opinions of many people. She also asked if wae wanted to have the surgery in San Diego or L.A. Of course I told her that we would prefer San Diego, unless there was any benefit to having it in L.A.
She had this same surgery (laminectomy) when she was first diagnosed last February. I don't know if this will be exactly the same, or not. She will be hospitalized for a few days afterwards. Dr. M. assumes that this surgery will take place sometime in January. She is now consulting with our doctor here, and the neurosurgeon that will be performing the surgery (the same one she had previously).
We are going to enjoy our Christmas and try not to think too much about the upcoming surgery.