October 21, 2009

No news is good news

I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything in so long. I'm feeling guilty about abandoning Mad Madam Madeleine, but I really don't have much to say. I never intended to be a "blogger," nor do I now consider myself in that category. If I have a picture, video, or story to share, I will continue to share it here, but I am not going to make myself post things on any kind of a schedule. Of course I will continue to share any medical updates.

Mad's latest VMA/HVA levels are a wee bit higher than they were last month, but our doctor assured me that this is still in the standard deviation for the test, and they are still considering these numbers stable. Standard deviation or not, I hate to see any increase in numbers. I'm hoping they will be back down to previous levels next month. HVA is 45.3 (up from 37.2) and VMA is 31.9 (up from 29.2) for those of you playing along at home. To be cancer free HVA should be no higher than 23 and VMA should be no higher than 18 based on Madeleine's age and weight. When she was first diagnosed, her HVA was 88, and VMA was 133. Wowza!





















My friend Andrea showed me how to put pigtails in Mad's hair.
























She sleeps like this at every nap and bedtime. Isn't that weird? Ryan sleeps like that too.


You may notice from the picture above that Mad is now in a big girl bed. These past two weeks I've been working on painting and decorating her room. I'm thrilled with the way it's turning out. I'll take better pictures of the whole room soon.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I love that hairdo! The "big girl bed" looks great. I can't believe she is going to be 2 years old!!!
NaNa

Bree said...

Her room is beautiful! What a perfect room. I love her pigtails, too!

Danelle said...

Yea for big girl bed, I can't wait to see her room next weekend. And NO FAIR that Madi at 2 can have 2 decent pigtails and Audrey at 3 barely can do 1 LOL

Apryl said...

absolutely love the big girl bed and bedding. YAY for pigtails

Jenny said...

Why did I have boys? Your post makes me want to put Tucker in pigtails and do Jack's room up Shabby Chic. Both are super cute!

Adelaide and Harleigh Morris said...

So the key to being ridiculously intelligent is to sleep with your head hanging 3/4 off the bed and upside down? NOOOOOWWW I get why I'm such a dunce! Here I was thinking you were supposed to keep your body IN the bed! LOL!!!

I just have to reiterate how much I love that you don't post on here much anymore. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside ;D

April said...

I'm all about the pig tails! And Mad looks too cute! Kids are weird when it comes to sleeping...Amanda has been in her big girl bed for over a year now and STILL sleeps on the floor!! She rolls out, or crawls out of her bed every nap and bed time and just sleeps on the floor with her blankie :)